V-Cableway Grindelwald-Jungfraujoch, Grindelwald BE
The «V-Cableway» project will further open up the Jungfrau region to visitors. On the one hand, the Eiger Express cable car to the Eiger Glacier will be built, which will significantly relieve the strain on the railway from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg. On the other hand, the Männlichen gondola lift, now past its prime, will be replaced and renovated. The two new gondolas form two arms, representing a giant V.
The following project elements will be completed in stages:
- Lot Grund / TP 02: New valley station Grindelwald Grund for 3S Eiger Express and gondola Grindelwald Grund Männlichen (GGM)
- Lot Car Park / TP 05: On the current parking lot of the gondola lift Grindelwald - Männlichen, with 5 parking levels for about 1,000 vehicles
- Lot Eiger Glacier / TP 12: connection between Grindelwald Grund terminal and Eiger Glacier with mountain station
- Lot 3S section / TP 13: New construction of 7 tower foundations on the section between Grindelwald Grund and Eiger Glacier
- Lot GGM / TP 08/TP09/TP10: New construction middle station and mountain station, section with 34 towers.
IttenBrechbühl supports the client in project controlling, in particular with regard to monitoring deadlines and cost of the time-critical project parts at considerable cost risk. These may be proactively adjusted during construction, as needed.
Follow the project via webcam!
|Contact person||Roger Siegenthaler|
|Client||Jungfraubahnen AG Interlaken, GGM Grindelwald|
|Construction Agency Services||Itten+Brechbühl AG|
|Architect||von Allmen Architekten AG|
|Start of construction||2018|
|Start of operation GGM, Männlichenbahn||2019|
|Start of operation Eigerexpress||2021|
|Visualizations||© von Allmen Architekten AG|